MonoPd in action



Hey there crazy crew. I know, I know, I've been away for a while, right? I regret that. Really, I do. I mean, we all lead busy lives and, Zeus only knows, sometimes it can be difficult for us to make time for each other. But, hey. You and me, we go back. Waayy back. And our relationship - this understanding we have? It's not something you find every day.

What I'm trying to say is, I miss you. And I want you back. I hope you feel the same way.

As a peace offering, here's a video of people playing around with the first prototype version of MonoPd. Click through to read more!

I last wrote about this project here. Since that writing, the project evolved to the extent that I threw the wiiremote out entirely, and instead based my attempt to replicate the monome in Pd around a touchscreen interface.
The video was taken at Cardiff Art Institute in October 2010, where this presentation of MonoPd formed part of my MMus final recital. Pd is basically being used as a front end here: most of the sounds are being made in Ableton and set off via midi from Pd. The idea being that this is a GUI that can then be bolted on to any sequencer, synth or DAW that can accept midi messages.
The MonoPd can currently be used in one of two ways: as a step sequencer, or as a simple digital harp / sample trigger. Both of these modes are showcased above. Of the three larger buttons at the top of the GUI: the red sets the GUI to 'digital harp' mode; the purple intitiates the 'step sequencer'; the blue initialises predetermined after-effects; and the green brings up a help menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment